Counseling for Aging Adults
Living Years Counseling is a product of my observations, and of things that I have learned from working with older adults and families for almost 30 years. One of my greatest concerns is the lack of available and accessible support for mental and emotional health needs of our aging population.
Living Years Counseling is a private practice with a focus on the issues of aging today and its effects on individuals and families,
- To help individuals manage the challenges of aging with dignity and respect, and
- To help adult children have a better understanding of the aging process and the challenges of caregiving.
I will be eternally grateful to individuals and families whose lives I have had the privilege to share, for the things they have helped me learn, and for trusting me to help them manage the challenges of growing older. I look forward to helping you and your family with the challenges in your lives.
Living Years Counseling is the only practice in Story County dedicated to older adults and their families.
Please call 515-232-0411 for an appointment, at my office or in your home.
Getting older effects the entire family. We can help you determine what’s best for yours.
- Family Life Cycles
- Defining Problems vs Labeling Individuals
- Managing Multiple Roles and Responsibilities
- Communicating with Aging Parents and Siblings